Monday, January 18, 2010

more traveling

Wow, I have not written a new post in so long, I am so sorry, I have just been so busy. On the 11th i had to pack up all of my things and take the 8 hour bus ride to Lima. I got to Lima at about 6 in the morning. I went to a youth hostal to sleep for a little while and to eat breakfast. I stayed there until about 9 then I headed off to the office of AFS. I just waited for the whole day until about 4. Then we went to the bus station because I had to go to the city of Tumbes for my Visa. The city of Tumbes is partly in Peru and partly in Ecuador. So what I did was I got permisson to leave Peru, then I went and I got a stamp that says that I was in ecuador. Then I got permission to leave Ecuador, then I went back and I got my new visa to be in Peru, all of this in under an hour. But the boarder was really cool, there was this really long market with a bridge in the middle. On one side of the bridge was Peru and on the other side was Ecuador, I still have no idea where the part in the middle belongs.

So then the next day I packed up my things and I took the 22 hour bus ride back to Lima, yes i did say 22 hours in a bus.

Luckily I do not have to go back to Huancayo right away, I get to spend 2 weeks in Lima with a host family here. It is a chance for me to get to know a different part of Peru, all of the exchange students are going to a different city for these 2 weeks. My familt here is wonderful, I have 2 sisters Jimena and Isabella. Jimena is 16 and Isabella is 18. They are both so nice and i know that i am going to have an amazing time. I have already been here for 3 days, 2 of those three were spent at their beach house.
I am going to enjoy myself very much.


I love you all so much and as soon as I get back to Huancayo I am going to post more pictures.


XOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. ahh, im very jealous. i want to go to the beach! :)

    -nat<3

    ReplyDelete