Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New host family







As some of you may or may not know, I was having some problems with my old host family, so after about aa month of people telling me that I should change families, I finally did. The day that my best friend Alicia knew for sure that I was changing, she asked her parents if I could live with them. And the best part is, they said yes. So I decided to change on Tueday and I was in her house on Friday!
I now with my mom, dad (who is my language teacher, how great is that!), my cousin who is four, my aunt, and my two sisters, Alicia who is 15 and Leo who is 13. I share a room with Alicia and Leo, which I love cause we can just talk all night. In the past few days, my spanish has gotten so much better and I am about 10000000x happier.
On saturday I went with Leo on a trip for AFS and we had so much fun, it was such a great way to get to know her. And on Friday my family took me shopping to buy things for the room. And on sunday they took me to buy a whole new dresser for all of my stuff, A WHOLE NEW DRESSER! I thought that was really nice!
We also wash all of our clothes m¡by hand here, wich is really really fun. So on Sunday morning, we were out in the morning for about 2 hours washing our clothes, well I was wearing a razor back shirt, and was in the sun. My one friend now calls me Miss Lobster 2009, because I have the worstsunburn of my entire life. Luckily I had on a hat so, my face is ok, utmy back is truely horrible, so much pain. Sleeping is very difficult :)
But my family is taking good care of me and doing everything that they possibly can to keep the pain down, cause it hurts A LOT, all the time. I have learned my lesson.

So yes, I am much happpier and I really think that changing families was my best decision so far.

7 comments:

  1. hey lindsay its me andrew and good for you taking charge down there and i think that its pretty cool that you have your yard in the middle of your house. but seriously if you havnt read my other comment yet what am i going to do with the maniacs during thanksgiving. that should be fun. good luck with the rest of your stay

    miss ya lots,love,
    Andrew

    P.S you got hit with another "Peruvian" spicy tuna roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy glad that everything is working out so well! It sounds like that was pretty much the best decision and there's no down side.

    My play is this weekend, and I'm sad that you can't come and see it, but oh well. At least I know you're having fun in Peru! :)

    <3 Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, im really glad that you're happy with your new host family, and they sound really really nice. Have fun! miss u, luv ya,
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! pictures! is that where you live? if so, it's beautiful!
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we see picture of the house, school, any hang-outs...the mountains. One of the dogs. a Combi... your school.. any cool stuff.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey,
    I'm so glad that you got to visit the park you wanted to. I'm also glad b/c you're learning new things everyday. I'd say for your sunburn, you should put brewed tea bags on your back. My mom says "it works." I'm getting my braces off and getting my retainer on December 1st. I'm so glad b/c these darn braces will be gone!
    OOOXXXXOOOOXXX
    Nancy & Mannie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Lindsey!
    Gracias por mantener un blog! Todo se ve muy interesante. Estoy contando los dias hasta tu regreso. Estoy segura de que seras una inspiracion a los demas americanos de aqui para visitar a los americanos de alla.
    Sra. M

    ReplyDelete