Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving away from home

So I was not quite sure how I was going to feel spending my first major holiday away from home. And the day before I was actually kind of excited because I was going to get to say the prayers in the morning in front of the whole school so that I could explain what thanksgiving is. I woke up and got ready just like any other day. And I was so excited when I got to school to talk in front of the entire school. I was so proud of myself, I did not mess up once and everyone understood my spanish!
But then I got downa dn looked at the time, big mistake, all I could do was think about what my family in the United States is doing, then I started crying. I continued crying through most of the morning because all I could think about was how much I wanted to be with my family. But then during the brake my class had prepared a little party kind of thing for me. They all went in a circle and said what they were thankful for, and then they all came up and gave me a hug. It was so sweet of them and it made me very thankful to be there. For the rest of the school day I was allowed to leave school to go to my friend´s house, which was very nice of them ( the school even offered to pay my taxi).
then I met up with my family and we went out for lunch and ate my favorite thing, chicken a la brasa (don´t know how to say it in english). It was very nice of them to do that for me. But when I got home one of the other exchange students told me that she had two american friends that were here in Huancayo and that were making dinner!!! I had to wait a little bit so I called my family and I got to talk to everyone, which was really nice.
Then i went to the house to eat dinner, wich only reminded me how great mine is, because it was kinda horrible, but I had fun.
I definatly did not like spending that time away from my family, it was by far my hardest day here. I think that christmas is going to be about 5000x as hard, but who knows.

A few more things that I would like to add
*My kittens have now opened their little eyes
*My host school won the dance competition
*I pass out when I get very stressed and am 10,000 feet up in the moutains

Thats all for now :)

XOXOXOXOXOXO
Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. awh well at least it wasnt a totally bad day, and you know people care about you in Peru AND America :)

    and its probably not freezing down there! lol

    youre gonna be so good at breathing when you come home...

    miss you! <3
    Natalie<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. does it become hard to switch to English?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does get really hard to swich to english sometimes, I mostly speak spanglish now :)

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete